Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Who Wants to Join Me?!?!?

.
Sooo, I like to take on new challenges. I'm no marathon runner by any means of the word but I love to challenge myself. I also feel like the Lord is taking me through a season of my life where I want to set more goals and have new adventures in my life. I will NOT be running the marathon for many reasons, one being, I haven't even trained...BUT, I can start small and do the 5K walk...who knows, this may ignite something in me to start training to run in the future!
Who wants to join me?!?!

My recollection of April 19, 1995:

It was my senior year of college. I was getting ready to leave second hour when the news came on that there had been a bombing in Oklahoma City. That moment rocked Oklahoma City and our state tremendously. I remember, shortly after it happened, driving from Jenks to Oklahoma city and walking the grounds of this tragic event. The fence was covered with pictures of men, women and children that lost their lives, stuffed animals, ribbons, poems and flowers. It was a sobering moment...a moment where you realize you aren't invincible...being a teenager at the time, I erred on the side of "nothing bad will happen to me". I remember having a sense of hope with the sight of this one small tree that survived the blast...strong, man made buildings around this tree crumbled but God's creation remained...A symbol that God is our strength and that Oklahoma would make it through this...that we would not crumble!

No comments: