Monday, February 14, 2011

Why Was I So Reluctant Again?!?!

Two years ago today....yes Valentine's Day...I reluctantly followed the Lord from Tulsa to Oklahoma City.

It was a rough transition. I had recently been laid off from what was my dream job,
had to pack up all my things and move away...
from my friends, my family & my church....
all of which I loved!

The one bonus I had was that I would be living near
one of my best friends from college....
however, she has her own family and friends
so I knew I couldn't expect her life to stop or to easily fit me in.

Even though it was hard and I frequently asked God
"why?"...I trusted Him.
I knew He had a purpose for this move and season of my life.

My cousin Rhonda, who is like a big sister to me,
could tell just by our phone conversations that I wasn't doing very well....
needless to say she was concerned for me....
rightfully so...I was concerned for me!

Time went on....I visited a few churches and finally settled on Bridgeway.
This was the BEST decision I could've ever made!

Since I've been at Bridgeway the Lord has blessed me with
the most AMAZING friends...
they love me well...
they point me to Jesus....
they fight for my relationship with Him....
they encourage me....
AND....we have LOTS of fun!!!

I've also been going through a season of healing...
It's painful at times and hurts but it's a good hurt...
you know what I mean?!?!

The Lord has been working in my heart...
He's been revealing areas that need to be addressed...
that I didn't even know where there to be addressed!
He's been revealing Himself to me in ways I've never seen Him...
He's producing new fruit and giftings in my life like never before...
I'm humbled by His love for me and I do believe He had to bring me
here...to OKC...for this to take place.

For that....I'm truly grateful and wonder....Why did I reluctantly go?!?!
Hind sight is always 20/20...if I knew this was ahead I may have jumped on board!
Who knows really....when I know something is going to be painful...
I have a tendency to avoid it...so maybe I wouldn't have jumped on board.
All I do know is that I've been thankful for the Lord and
all that He's been doing the past 2 years...
My life is better...
My heart is better...
My relationship with Him is better...

Thank You LORD for all that You've done
All that You're doing
and all that You're going to do...
May You always receive the glory!

The following passages are ones the Lord used to speak to me
during this hard transitional period…
I knew He brought me here to draw me closer to Him…
THIS comforted me and helped me to stop asking….
Why?!?

Hosea 2:14-15
Hosea 6:1-3
Zephaniah 3:17



My sweet discipleship group

Moriah & Ashley


John & Susan

They have been so sweet to

have me in their home

and love on me.


Some of the many amazing women

that are now in my life!


My dear friend Kristi...
she & her husband Ty have been such
a blessing to me.


More of the amazing ladies in my life.

No comments: