Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Weekend

Some of the gang getting ready to watch the movie
Fun times at sunrise
Happy Easter!
Clint leading us in worship
The fam getting ready to dye eggs

Easter was different for me this year and I'm not the only one to say that.  Several of my friends felt the same way.  It was fun though.  Some of my friends got together for dinner on Saturday night, then we watched the Passion of the Christ.  After the movie was over we had communion and prayer.  Followed by lots of conversation about the movie.  If you haven't seen it...I HIGHLY recommend it (Have a box of tissues near by).  
As I said before Easter was different this year.  One way it was different is that no one in my entire family had made plans for it.  It was quite upsetting.  So some of my friends and I had talked about going to Glass Mountain (sorry for the ghetto website- it was the only one I could find) and hiking for a sunrise service of our own.  We decided that we couldn't do that so we went to the lovely Arkansas River right here in Tulsa to watch the sunrise.  We had a sweet time of worship and prayer- as the bright sun started to peek over the hill I was reminded of my favorite quote from the movie when Mary says "Why is this night different from every other night" The reply was "Because, once we were slaves....and we are slaves no longer"  Praise the LAMB!!!  Thanks to His sacrifice we can rejoice in Freedom!!!  Easter is the day that we can say today is different from every other day- we were once slaves but we are slaves no longer!  
After our sunrise service I went to the early service at my church.  Saturday night around 10:30 the fam decided to make plans for Easter Sunday.  So I went to hang out with my Aunt & Uncle for lunch, took a nap, then waited on the rest of the family to arrive for dinner that evening.  I always enjoy hanging out with them.  I help my cousins dye Easter eggs then went home after that.  

No comments: